Its Day 22 of 30 blog posts in 30 days challenge and I was wondering why is it always……? It is nearly 10pm after a late shift, so I think I’m entitled to have a wondering/wandering mind at this time of night, lol.
So, why is it always:
- That you just served the last of what seems like hundreds of people and waved them goodbye and the next person comes in commenting how quiet it is
- That you spend a good half hour catching up and cleaning up after a rush and the next person to come across the desk comments on how quiet it is
- That the person who comes in to pick up a last minute loan/print a file/copy a document before you close, always takes three times as long as they expect and keep you beyond closing/knock-off time
- That when looking through one of the browsing collections, the item you seek is the very last one
- That the quick job that you take a timeout to do, takes twice as long as you expect and you have to finish/redo it again later anyway
- That people DON’T READ SIGNS, regardless of how clear, obvious and really helpful they are
BTW, all these did happen to me at my library today and I know that these things don’t ALWAYS happen, but they do happen often enough to make them annoying, time consuming, frustrating etc.
What are your “Why is it always…….”